Cristo Rey Mission
Cristo Rey Kansas City breaks the cycle of poverty through education and student work experience. Cristo Rey is a fully accredited high school through AdvancEd (North Central). The school provides a Catholic, college prep education enhanced by an innovative corporate work study program to culturally diverse students with economic need.
Our Core Values
Integrity - We value honesty and authenticity of character and action.
Respect - We believe in the dignity and worth of each person and we value treating everyone with courtesy and upmost regard.
Responsibility - We value a trustworthy accountability in all our works and relationships.
Partnership - We value connecting and working with others to promote cooperation and new possibilities.
Spirituality - We believe in God's constant, loving, presence and we value openness to divine guidance in all we say and do.
Cristo Rey Kansas City Sponsors
Cristo Rey Kansas City is shaped and energized by the educational vision of the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth in the Vincentian spirit of service to the poor and partnership with those of means.
What Makes Us Unique?
· Cristo Rey Kansas City (CRKC) is the only co-educational, Catholic high school located within the boundaries of the Kansas City, Missouri School District.
· Cristo Rey accepts students from Kansas and Missouri.
· As one of 24 schools in the national Cristo Rey Network of high schools, CRKC utilizes a unique work study model where students are required to work one day a week in order to offset approximately 60-65% of their cost of education. Classes are scheduled so that students do not miss class time for work.
· The Corporate Work Study Program gives students the opportunity to receive a private, college prep education that they would not be able to afford otherwise. CRKC opened in 2006 and has partnered with businesses throughout Kansas City’s bi-state metropolitan area to provide the necessary entry-level jobs for our students. At Cristo Rey, students learn to work and work to learn.
· Cristo Rey has 330 students from over 40 schools across the metropolitan area enrolled in grades 9-12 for the 2009-2010 school year
· Students undergo an extensive admissions process which includes a written application, interview, income evaluation, and placement test
· Serve a diverse population of students; our student body is: 61% Latino, 33% African American, 5% Caucasian, and 1% Asian
· Approximately 96% of students qualify for federal free or reduced lunches
· 87% would be first in family to attend college
Copyright © 2013, Redemptorist Parish